UPDATE: COVID-19 vaccinations for children ages 5 to 11 are now available at Contemporary Pediatrics
If you’d like to make an appointment for us to administer the vaccine, please call our office at (937) 438-1115
Here are some important points to remember:
• The vaccine is administered in two doses — when you make your child’s first inoculation visit, we’ll also schedule an appointment for the second shot three weeks later.
• COVID-19 vaccinations are at no charge to you.
• Smaller needles, designed specifically for children, are used to administer the vaccine. The Pfizer vaccine approved for ages between 5 and 11 is not the same as an adult dosage.
COVID-19 testing is also available through our practice.
Office hours: Monday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm • Tuesday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm • Wednesday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm • Thursday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm • Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
If you need to reach your provider after our office is closed, please call (937) 438-1115. Non-emergent calls will be returned within one to two business days.
New Patients Welcome — Register online. No preliminary office visit needed.
To request a video appointment, call (937) 438-1115 or go to your Patient Portal
"My recent visit to Contemporary Pediatrics was phenomenal! My child is difficult in doctors appointments, and everyone, from the front desk staff to the nurse who worked with us to the NP who saw us were wonderful. Cannot recommend them highly enough!"
"We love Dr Starrett. She's very patient and helpful"
"This office is fantastic! We've been going here for about 15 yrs and the people and providers that work here are the best! I don't want my kids to age out of pediatrics because we love going here!"
"Great experience from the front desk, to the nurse, to the doctor. I'm very happy that my daughter will be seen in this office!"
It is our mission at Contemporary Pediatrics to better the lives of children by providing high quality, family-centered care to our newborn through young adult patients, focusing on prevention of disease, promotion of healthy lifestyles, and ease of access. Our holistic approach is one that translates into improved patient outcomes, a positive patient experience, and personalized family education.
With special attention to "peace-of-mind" for parents, we offer complete, personalized care and service:
• A professional staff of board certified physicians and certified pediatric nurse practitioners
• 24-hour availability of on-call physicians
• Providers for most insurance companies and plans in Dayton and Southwest Ohio
• Affiliation with Children's Hospital, Kettering Hospital, Southview Hospital
Our provider staff includes doctors Karen Starrett, MD and Kim Khosla, MD, as well as Certified Nurse Practitioners Wendy S. Bowles, PhD, MSN, RN, CPNP; Lori Milliron, DNP, RN-CNP and Corey Davis, FNP-C.
Board certified in pediatrics, Karen Starrett, MD, has served area families for over 16 years. Dr. Starrett is a graduate of the Medical College of Ohio in Toledo, and completed her residency through the Wright State University School of Medicine at Children’s Medical Center in Dayton. She continues to work with pediatric residents and medical students through the Wright State University School of Medicine.
Contemporary Pediatrics is pleased to announce that Kim Khosla, MD, has joined our professional staff as a practicing physician.
As a board certified pediatrician with over 20 years of experience, Dr. Khosla offers compassionate health and wellness care to patients from newborns to teens. Dr. Khosla is a graduate of Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio, and received her medical degree from the Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine. She is an active member of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Khosla served for over a decade as the Chairman of the Medical Board and a member of the Board of Directors of Kids with Food Allergies, a division of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
Currently, Dr. Khosla works as a counselor for high school students through the Player’s Box program, and fosters service dogs in training on behalf of 4 Paws for Ability.
Wendy Bowles, PhD, MSN, RN, CPNP has been a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner for over 20 years — her entire nursing practice has focused on the care of children and adolescents. She works at Contemporary Pediatrics one day each week, balancing her practice with a passion for educating the next generation of nurses by serving as the Assistant Dean for Baccalaureate Programs at The Ohio State University.
In addition to her many years in pediatric practice, Wendy’s service and scholarship includes work with underserved populations, curricular development, and student engagement strategies for teaching and learning. She has presented academically recognized work related to these endeavors nationally and internationally.
Wendy has been with Contemporary Pediatrics for over 20 years and continues to see patients for all types of care including well checks and episodic care.
For over 13 years, Lori Milliron, DNP, RN-CNP has served the community as a Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, and has remained dedicated to improving patient health outcomes and creating trusting relationships with families.
Lori has taken a marked interest in parent education and communication techniques when discussing immunizations, especially the human papilloma virus vaccine. She considers it an honor to work in pediatrics, helping your children become their healthiest and happiest.
Lori has a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from the Ohio State University and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Wright State University. She received her Masters of Science in Nursing from The University of Cincinnati and most recently, her Doctorate of Nursing Practice from The Ohio State University in 2019.
Lori lives in Waynesville with her family and three adorable dogs. She has two boys, Gage and Easton, that keep her busy with soccer, basketball, bike riding, and playing outside!
Corey Davis, FNP-C is a Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner with nearly 15 years of nursing experience. She received her Bachelor's Degree from The Ohio State University and her Master's Degree from Frontier Nursing University. Corey has spent her career caring for individuals from infancy to the geriatric population, with a focus on women and children. She joined the Contemporary Pediatric family in 2013, and has been providing compassionate care for children of all ages and their families ever since.
When not at our office, you will most likely find Corey at home in Waynesville with her husband and four children. She loves the outdoors, and camping is one of her favorite activities.
Contemporary Pediatrics is recognized by the NCQA as meeting PCMH 2011 patient-centered medical home standards.
At a Patient-Centered Medical Home, your health care team focuses on you, providing prompt, cost-efficient care, on-going wellness and better outcomes. It’s where you and your family work in partnership with a supportive team of medical professionals to ensure a lifetime of quality health care.
Skip the waiting room — visit your own provider over video!
Secure video appointments are ideal for follow-up visits, medication questions, test results or general questions. And they're perfect when you need immediate medical attention from a trusted provider and you can't visit your doctor's office in person. All you need is access to a video-capable computer, tablet or smartphone.
To request a video appointment, call (937) 438-1115 or go to your Patient Portal
From your Portal on a computer
1. Click on the ‘Appointments’ tab
2. Click on ‘Secure Online Video’
3. Select the day for your desired appointment.
From your Portal on a smartphone
1. Go to the patient portal, and click on the ‘Appointments’ tab.
2. Click on ‘Schedule New Appointment’.
3. From the ‘Specialty’ menu, select ‘Family Medicine’ or, if applicable, ‘Pediatric Medicine’.
4. From the ‘Reason for visit’ menu, select ‘Secure Online Video Appointment’.
5. Choose from the available appointments to schedule with a Providence Medical Group provider. Note that the practice name and address is listed above the provider name.
How to begin your video visit
• After you've made your appointment, watch for an email or text that includes a link to the Providence Telemedicine web page or to download the 'Providence Medical TeleMedicine' mobile app. You can then set up your user profile.
• Before your appointment, log in to your video visit with your computer, tablet, or a smartphone such as an iPhone, iPad, or Android device — find the app 'Providence Medical TeleMedicine' on your mobile device, or click here from your computer. You'll also need a valid credit card.
• Please log in 15 minutes before your video visit and be prepared with questions for your doctor.
Tips for a great video visit
• Wi-Fi or a wired connection is strongly preferred for a great video visit experience.
• Use headphones — it cuts down on background noise and helps keep the conversation with your doctor private
New Patient Online Registration
It takes only a few minutes to register online as a new patient!
Please note that these steps are for new patient registration only.
- Click on Patient Portal. From the Providence Medical Group Patient Portal landing page, click on ‘Don't have an account? Sign up today to stay connected to your healthcare.’
- Fill in the required information and complete the security verification.
- You will then be asked to confirm your identity with a verification code sent to you via email, phone or text message.
- Once confirmed, you may select your new healthcare provider and practice location from the dropdown menus.
- You will be asked to set a password — when your password is confirmed, you will be directed to your own personalized, secure Patient Portal. You are now registered as a patient!
- You may now schedule your first appointment right away if you wish.
If you would like to wait to schedule your initial appointment, you may return to your patient portal at any time to do so.
If you have any questions about the registration process, or your new Patient Portal, please call (937) 297-8999.
Established Providence patients are eligible for fast and thorough COVID-19 testing through our practice. Please call us if you'd like a COVID-19 testing appointment.
Providence Medical Group’s total antibody testing procedure determines:
- If COVID-19 antibodies are present, and if they are,
- Whether antibodies are the result of an active or inactive incidence of COVID-19.
Same-day appointments are available; call our office or request an appointment for ‘COVID-19 antibody test’ with us through your patient portal.
Currently, COVID-19 antibody testing is covered by most medical insurance carriers.
Vital health screenings! Find out below the important preventive services for people just like you.
Then, check back with us to discuss which are the most important steps to help assure your health and wellness — it's fast and easy!