Video visits with your Providence healthcare provider!
Skip the waiting room! For your next appointment, visit your provider without leaving home or work — even when you’re out of town. All you need is access to a video-capable computer, tablet or smartphone.
Secure video appointments are ideal for follow-up visits, medication questions, test results or general questions. And they’re perfect when you need immediate medical attention from a trusted provider and you can’t visit your doctor’s office in person.
"During times like these your technology absolutely rocks! Between a video chat, and my patient portal, I have been able to stay in communication with my doctor and get my medicine in a timely manner…even during times like these. Thank you so much for all of the careful, thoughtful, and hard work that you all put into keeping your patients safe."
“Very convenient! No traffic, no hassle and still personable with the same attention to detail as an in-office visit.”
Currently, these Providence practices offer Video Visits —
Beavercreek Commons Family Practice (Beavercreek)
Centerville Family Practice & Rheumatology (Centerville)
Contemporary Pediatrics (Centerville)
Crossroads Medical Center (Vandalia)
Family Health Center (Springboro)
Farmersville Medical Center (Farmersville)
Germantown Family Medicine (Germantown
Providence Medical Group - Germantown (Germantown)
Providence Medical Group - The Heights (Huber Heights)
Suburban Family Practice (Huber Heights)
Sugarcreek Family Medicine (Bellbrook)
Waynesville Health Care (Waynesville)
How to schedule your video visit
Log in to your online Providence Patient Portal.
If you don’t have a Portal, click here to create one — it takes just a few minutes.
From your Portal on a computer
1. Click on the ‘Appointments’ tab
2. Click on ‘Secure Online Video’
3. Select the day for your desired appointment.
From your Portal on a smartphone
1. Go to the patient portal, and click on the ‘Appointments’ tab.
2. Click on ‘Schedule New Appointment’.
3. From the ‘Specialty’ menu, select ‘Family Medicine’ or, if applicable, ‘Pediatric Medicine’.
4. From the ‘Reason for visit’ menu, select ‘Secure Online Video Appointment’.
5. Choose from the available appointments to schedule with a Providence Medical Group provider. Note that the practice name and address is listed above the provider name.
How to begin your video visit
• After you’ve made your appointment, watch for an email or text that includes a link to the Providence Telemedicine web page or to download the 'Providence Medical TeleMedicine' mobile app. You can then set up your user profile.
• Before your appointment, log in to your video visit with your computer, tablet, or a smartphone such as an iPhone, iPad, or Android device — find the app 'Providence Medical TeleMedicine' on your mobile device, or click here from your computer. You’ll also need a valid credit card.
• Please log in 15 minutes before your video visit and be prepared with questions for your doctor.
Tips for a great video visit
• Wi-Fi or a wired connection is strongly preferred for a great video visit experience.
• Use headphones — it cuts down on background noise and helps keep the conversation with your doctor private
What do I need for my video visit? You’ll need a Providence Patient Portal account. You can use a computer, tablet, or a smartphone for your visit.
Go to your Patient Portal now, or set up a Portal account.
How much will my video visit cost? Video visits are typically covered by your regular health insurance — you’ll enter your credit card information before the appointment and will be charged the same co-pay as an in-person visit. Note: Check with your insurance coverage to confirm that video visits are covered.
Is my video visit secure? Yes! The video technology uses bank-grade encryption. However, make sure you find a quiet, private place in your home or office for your appointment.